W. M. O. English Academy, managed by Wayanad Muslim Orphanage, established in 1992 is located in a serene Village in the Muttil Valley, 7 K.M. north of Kalpetta, the District headquarters of Wayanad. It enjoys the unique recognition of being the first C.B.S.E. affiliated school in Wayanad District. The Academy provides admission to all students irrespective of caste, creed, colour or religion. It places great emphasis on excellent academic credentials and designs a wide range of activities for the students. The excellent quality of academic competency has kept the W.M.O. English Academy continuously in the limelight.
WE PROVIDE YOU...
* Transport facilities to different routes.
* Student Councellor to deal the learning difficulties of the students.
* Extra curricular activities like yoga, dance, music, art, craft and karate.
* Enthusiastic learning faculty.
* Digital class rooms and labs well furnished.
RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE SCHOOL
1. All students shall abide by the rules and regulations
of the school. They shall be well disciplined, decent
and decorous everywhere.
2. They shall be well mannered and cultured.
3. Students should attend the school regularly and punctually.
4. Students should communicate only in English while they are in the Campus.
5. They are expected to obey the school bell strictly and maintain discipline in the absence of teachers.
6. Students are not permitted to buy anything from outside the school during school hours.
7. Every student must respect all staff members of the school, parents, elders and visitors.
8. No student shall wear gold ornaments while attending the school.
9. In case of absence due to unavoidable reasons, leave letter should be produced by the parents in the Students’ Handbook.
10. Handbook must be brought to the school everyday.
11. Students suffering from infectious/contagious diseases need not attend the school.
12. Students are not allowed to enter other classes.
13. Books, Periodicals, News Papers, CDs, Video & Audio Tapes, Pendrive, Memory card and Mobile phones other than those permitted shall not be brought to the school. Violation of these rules will be strictly punished.
14. Exchange of articles or money between the students is not allowed.
15. The School is not responsible for the loss of books, money, cloth and other articles. Students have to look after their belongings.
16. The students must follow the dress code of the school.
17. Use of mobile phones and cameras of any kind by the students inside the school campus on any occasion is strictly prohibited and any violation will be strictly dealt with a fine of Rs. 1000/-.
The first step of wisdom is to know what is false
18. Care must be taken for all the school property and no student shall spoil the furniture or damage the school belongings. The student and his/her parents will be responsible for all willful damages to the belongings of the school or others and they are liable to compensate for the damage.
19. Irregular attendance and habitual negligence in school work, dishonesty, obscenity in word or act, serious misconduct or threats inside or outside the school will invite deterrent punishment
20. Late arrival to the school will be treated as an act of indiscipline and is not acceptable. Latecomers shall enter their names in the register kept for the same.
21. No student shall leave the school premises during the working hours without the permission of the Principal and the Class teacher.
22. No students are permitted to bring money unnecessarily to the school.
Light Grey Shirt
Dark Grey Shorts (Upto Std: II) Pants ( Std: III onwards)
Grey Socks, Black Shoes, Belt and Tie.
Up to Vstd Normal Tie.
Light Grey Shirt
Dark Grey Pinafore, Tie – Upto Vth, - No executive tie.
Salwar, Kameez and Duppatta – Vth onwards
Salwar, Kameez, Duppatta and over coat – VIIIth onwards
Grey Socks, Black Shoes
Ribbon : Black.
Better to ask twice than to lose your way once.
The colour of the uniform, socks and ribbon shall be white.
Students shall be in full uniform while coming to and going out from the school and it should be clean and well dressed. Boys are expected to wear their uniforms in formal way and shall refrain from wearing tights. Regarding the shoes, it should be formal/executive and any other style must be avoided. The parents of the girl children are requested to ensure that their daughters’ pinafores reach below their knees. Students not in full uniform will not be admitted into the classroom.
Girl Students should plait their hair in two and tie them using ribbon in a bow. They are not supposed to adorn their hair with flowers. The parents of the girl students should see that their daughters’ hair is clean, tidy, free from lice and combed neatly. Boys are expected to present themselves in short hair, neatly combed. Ultra modern hair-styles are not acceptable. Any violations will be strictly dealt with.
ATTENDANCE & LEAVE OF ABSENCE
1. No students shall be eligible for promotion
unless he/she has an attendance of at least 75%
of the total working days in an academic year.
2. Application for leave of absence shall be submitted in advance. Due to unforeseen circumstances, if at all this is not possible, leave of absence should be applied for not later than the following day. The application for leave written and signed by the parent in the page set for this purpose in the Students’ Handbook should be produced. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying where there seemed to be no hope at all.
3. Application for sick leave involving more than four days shall be supported by a medical certificate.
4. Students suffering from infectious/contagious diseases need not attend the school. When they report back to school they should produce certificate of medical fitness.
5. If a student is absent without permission for six working days consecutively at the beginning of the academic year his/her name shall be struck off the rolls.
6. Application for leave should normally be submitted to the class teacher concerned. In special circumstances application for leave may be submitted directly to the Principal.
Unit Tests and Term Exams
Assessment and promotion are determined on the basis of Formative and Summative Assessments. For administrative convenience, an academic year is divided into two terms and at the end of each term an examination will be held in all subjects taught in the respective classes. Promotions or detentions will be determined on the basis of the performances of the student in the Unit Test and Term Exams. Only those who secure a minimum in the above examinations are eligible for promotion to the next higher class. There will be no re-examination and the Principal reserves the right to send away any student who in his view is not able to cope up with the school syllabus.
WITHDRAWAL OF STUDENTS FROM THE SCHOOL
Parents who wish to withdraw their wards should apply for Transfer Certificate one week in advance. T.C. will be issued only if all the arrears due to the school are cleared. After collecting the T.C. parents should request A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds 1 8 for refund of caution deposit within 30 days, failing which, the same will not be refunded.
REMOVAL OF STUDENTS FROM THE ROLL
A student shall be removed from the roll on the following grounds :
1. His/her Transfer Certificate has been issued.
2. He/she has been absent for 15 working days consecutively without prior leave application.
3. He/she has been continuously absent for six working days from the re-opening day.
4. He/she is dismissed due to misconduct or other reasons.
GUIDELINES FOR EFFECTIVE STUDY
• Study the daily portion without postpone it to the next day.
• Note down in your Handbook, the daily work assigned for the next day.
• Be punctual in doing your homework.
• Revise the work done in the class daily.
• Clear all your doubts from your teachers then and there.
• Revise the previous portions at week ends.
• Set apart a fixed time daily for study at home.
• Writing and reading will help improve handwriting, spelling, memory etc.
• Exhibit the equations, formula, definitions etc. beside your study table.
• Use reference books & other extra reading materials.
• And above all pray to God Almighty for your growth and development and for universal well being.
RULES FOR LIBRARY
• Strict silence should always be observed in the library.
• Every student should have a note book and a pen or The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones pencil when they come to the library. Students should not bring any books except their library note book and a pen or pencil. They must write in the library note book, a very short summary of the book read.
• Any books damaged or lost must be replaced or duly compensated for.
• Books should be returned on or before the due date indicated in the library card.
A NOTE TO THE PARENTS
1. Parents/Guardian should ensure that their wards
adhere to school rules.
2. Parents/Guardian can be helpful to the Staff by ensuring the regularity, punctuality and discipline of their wards. They can also help by ensuring that their wards do the homework assigned to them. They are requested to check the Handbook everyday for the homework and teacher’s notes.
3. Parents/Guardian are not permitted to meet the students or teachers without informing the school office.
4. In case of any address change, the same should be informed to the school office immediately.
5. All Parents/Guardians are members of the Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A). They must attend the PTA general body as and when arranged by the School. They may discuss with the principal matters concerning the progress of their children periodically.
6. The Principal must be informed, whenever a child using the school bus is commuted by other means.
7. Terminal and midterm examination reports will be sent to the Parents/Guardian regularly. Parents/Guardian are expected to go through the reports of their wards, scrutinize them and return them to the class teachers with their signature, on the next working day itself. Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.
8. Fees should be paid in time. Defaulters will be liable to pay the fees with fine. Please refer to the notice board for further details. Under any circumstances, the fees once paid to the school will not be refunded.
9. If and when a child is selected to participate in a competition or any school programme, he/she must report for practice/rehearsals and should not abstain from the event without intimation.
10.Neatness in dress is absolutely essential. All uniforms should be washed and pressed properly.
11. Use a table mat for having food.
12.SPECIAL APPEAL TO THE PARENTS OF LKG & UKG CHILDREN:
A handkerchief may be pinned to the child’s dress and a clean table mat should be sent daily. Parents are advised to send only sufficient amount of snacks and lunch neatly packed.